Every eligible student is encouraged to exercise his or her right to vote in national, state, and local elections. If you want your voice to be heard, let it speak through the ballot box. The following information is provided to help and encourage you to vote.
Registration Deadline: Your properly completed voter registration form must be postmarked or received by the 30th day before the election in which you wish to vote. However, if the voter registration deadline falls on a day when offices of the Secretary of State and county board of elections are closed, the deadline is extended to the succeeding business day when the office is open.
Party Affiliation: Ohio has a semi-open primary, You may vote the primary ballot of the political party with which you currently wish to be affiliated. If you voted the primary ballot of a different political party, you will complete a statement at your polling place confirming the change in your political party affiliation.
OBTAINING A VOTER REGISTRATION FORM
Voter registration forms are available online at Ohio voter registration form or from any of the agencies listed below.
In person: You may return or complete a form at any of the following locations
Any county board of elections;
- The Ohio Secretary of State’s office
- BMV or Deputy Registrars
- County Treasurer’s Office
- Public high school or vocational school
- Public Library
Office of designated agencies, including:
- The Department of Job and Family Services;
- The Department of Health (including the Women, Infants and Children(WIC) program);
- The Department of Mental Health;
- The Department of Developmental Disabilities;
- The Rehabilitation Services Commission; or
- Any state-assisted college or university that provides assistance to disabled students.