All applicants for admission into the nursing programs at Felbry must take and pass a physical exam (include a CBC diff) as certified by a licensed healthcare practitioner that includes confirmation that the following vaccinations have been taken:
Tetanus, Diphtheria, MMR vaccine, Varicella, Hepatitis B (optional)
Per the Center for Disease Control, students are required to receive the following vaccines:
- Two doses of MMR vaccine (Measles, mumps & rubella), OR immunity by blood titer
- One dose of Tdap vaccine within 10 years (Tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis -adult dose) then boost with Td every 10 yrs.
- Two doses of Varicella(chicken pox) vaccine, OR immunity by blood titer
- Three doses of Hepatitis B vaccine (Optional)
- Mantoux Skin test or Chest X-ray
Contact your health provider to arrange for blood testing. If you have a medical condition that prevents immunization, have your clinician write a medical exemption letter.