- August 15, 2017
- Posted by: felbry_admin
- Category: Nursing School Enrollment
Felbry College has some great nursing programs to consider for prospective students looking into an advanced nursing education. For students with hopes and dreams of a successful and rewarding career in the field of nursing, explore our website to find out more about the potential programs available at Felbry.
When graduating with an Associate of Applied Science in Nursing, a student will receive an Associate Degree in Nursing. The program has two potential tracks:
- Direct ADN, designed for students with no prior nursing experience or training
- LPN-RN, designed for students with previous practical nursing training or licensure
A student who completes the Associate of Applied Science in Nursing program will be presented to the Board of Nursing. Graduates who get certified by the Ohio Board of Nursing will become eligible to sit for the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN).
Any potential student who is interested in the Associate of Applied Science in Nursing Degree (ADN) will be expected to:
- Adhere to legal and ethical principles and professional standards of practice
- Use all knowledge to support clinical decision-making and provide a safe environment
- Promote achievement of client outcomes
- Provide care that supports safety of patients
- Assist individuals in making necessary health care decisions including end-of-life directions that provide emotional, spiritual, and practical support
- Provide effective communication when engaging with the client
- Demonstrate leadership qualities while caring for multiple clients in a diverse setting
Be advised that minimum admission requirements include being 18 years of age or older, a completed application form, completed entrance test, proof of US residency, completed health care requirements, criminal record check, and character references.
LPN-RN Bridge Program
LPNs and graduates of approved and/or accredited LPN educational programs are eligible to be considered for admission to the ‘bridge’ program. Graduates from Felbry will be granted conditional admission to continue to the LPN-RN program prior to sitting the NCLEX-PN licensure examination.
Practical Nursing Diploma
Practical nurses are an asset to any healthcare team who function as members of a care team in terms of planning, implementing, and evaluating nursing care. Practical nurses engage in many tasks including helping clients to learn appropriate self-care and any signs and symptoms indicative of change along with medications, wound care, and prepping patients for operative procedures. Graduates of the program will:
- Practice within legal and ethical boundaries
- Apply knowledge of the sciences to work environment
- Provide a safe, caring environment for patients
- Demonstrate abilities to promote, maintain and restore health
- Communicate effectively
- Be able to work in a collaborative environment
The minimum requirements for students will include submission of a complete application, character references, background checks, physical examinations and more.
Felbry College is committed to helping students find the best fit program for their goals and needs. Contact us to find out more about our programs and how we can support your educational journey.